Blog Journal #9

 My experience as a distance learner has been relatively successful. It allows me to maintain a steady, full time work schedule while accomplishing my academic goals. The main thing I dislike about distance learning is the interaction between you peers and professors. For some students, this interaction is crucial for a successful academic experience and also to maintain grades that are respectable. 

When it comes to open educational resources (OER), I am very inexperienced and under informed. I have never known about them with too much depth. Prior to this class, this was a topic I found myself unaware of and lost within. The closet example I can think of with my experience with OERs is Khan Academy online lectures. They were immensely helpful during high school and provided me after school content for further knowledge to be gained.   https://www.khanacademy.org/

I have never been too successful while working with powerpoint. I grew up using it in middle and high school but never fully grasped the full use of it. I felt the same way with these two assignments. I tried my best to use as much of my knowledge and skills to make my presentation the best it could be. I picked up a few tips here and there from watching "how to" videos, but I still retained my old skills from my earlier academic days. 



Comments